Almost two years have passed since Marriott International’s acquisition of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and while Marriott’s stock price is up 80 percent, the monumental task of integrating two huge hotel companies continues.
In Skift Research’s latest report out today, A Deep Dive Into Marriott 2018: Assessing the Power of an Integrated Company, we focus on two aspects of the integration efforts — the Sheraton turnaround and the merging of the loyalty programs — and what they could mean for the combined company.
Our research indicates that the success of both the Sheraton turnaround and merging of the loyalty programs could result in incremental room revenue to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars for hotel owners and millions of additional fee revenue for Marriott. But, perhaps more importantly, the actions Marriott is taking demonstrate to us that the company is dedicated to reducing costs for hotel owners while improving the overall experience for the hotel guests.
Thus, Marriott is creating a circular reference — the more it works on lowering expenses and enhancing experiences for customers, the more it reinforces why it is such a formidable, dominant hospitality company.
What You’ll Learn from this Report:
- An overview of Marriott by the numbers: Sales, earnings, supply, and pipeline.
- A comparison of Marriott before and after the Starwood acquisition: Past, present, and future.
- Three hypothetical analyses assessing the potential financial benefit of the Sheraton turnaround.
- Consumer and hotel owner views on the merging of Marriott’s loyalty programs.
- Analysis of potential incremental revenue from improving the loyalty program’s contribution to occupancy for legacy-Starwood brands.
- A description of other areas of strength for the company.
- Skift Research forecasts for Marriott’s 2018 RevPAR, revenues, and earnings.
- Company risks.
This is the latest in a series of monthly reports aimed at analyzing the fault lines of disruption in travel. These reports are intended for the busy travel industry decision-maker. Tap into the opinions and insights of our seasoned network of staffers and contributors. Over 200 hours of desk research, data collection, and/or analysis goes into each report.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. Reports are available online in a responsive design format, or you can also buy each report a la carte at a higher price.