First Free Story (1 of 3)Join Skift Pro
Food tourism has been a buzzy trend in the travel industry in recent years. It can appeal to a wide array of travelers and can give various travel sectors a much needed financial boost. Despite this, the conversation around food tourism has yet to evolve since it first started years ago, and confusion still exists about what food tourism really is.
In Skift Research’s latest report, The New Era of Food Tourism: Trends and Best Practices for Stakeholders, we focus on addressing this confusion and updating the topic. We do this by addressing some big questions: How big and important is the food tourism market? What are the new trends related to food tourism? Who should be be involved in and benefit from food tourism? What are the best practices for various stakeholders? Drawing from a proprietary consumer survey and a number of in-depth interviews with stakeholders, this report defines the new era of food tourism.
What You’ll Learn From This Report
- What food tourism means and how it has evolved over time
- Who the stakeholders are in food tourism
- A comprehensive look at who food tourists are today, how they behave, and what they prefer
- Skift Research estimates for food and beverage expenditure by U.S. travelers
- Size of U.S. food tourist population
- The kinds of food and beverage based activities food tourists are most likely to participate in
- The percentage of food tourists who have taken a vacation with a food and beverage experience as the main purpose for the trip
- A five-part breakdown of the new definition of food tourism
- 10 best practices for food tourism stakeholders today
This is the latest in a series of monthly reports aimed at analyzing the fault lines of disruption in travel. These reports are intended for the busy travel industry decision-maker. Tap into the opinions and insights of our seasoned network of staffers and contributors. Over 200 hours of desk research, data collection, and/or analysis goes into each report.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. Reports are available online in a responsive design format, or you can also buy each report a la carte at a higher price.