In this webinar, Salesforce and The Travel Corporation discuss the evolution of digital transformation, how it applies to businesses today, and why the right use of data is imperative to truly understanding today’s traveler.
For over two decades, travelers have been migrating to digital channels to research, book, and share their experiences. Leaders in the industry have pivoted to connect with these customers and win business, but many have struggled with the transition.
The Covid-19 crisis has created a renewed sense of urgency for businesses to optimize online strategies, but these trends are far from new. For those who feel like they’re falling behind, it’s not too late. Digital traveler trends will continue to accelerate, and those that respond with creative, innovative, data-driven solutions will have an advantage.
In this webinar, we hear from Michael Pichler, Digital Transformation Director, Travel, Transportation and Hospitality at Salesforce, and Sarah Hillman, Global Head of CRM and Data at the Travel Corporation who discuss this critical topic during a time of unprecedented change.
In this webinar:
- Traveler sentiment: Covid-19 has kept people at home, but that has only intensified prevailing trends for online research and booking. Travel brands must be savvy about how they use data and analytics to understand behavior and make messages relevant.
- Defining ‘Digital Transformation’: Today, digital is more than a channel. Its definition has evolved and is deeply interwoven with the world around us. The definition of digital transformation should include: using technology to better understand and convert customers, using digital to deliver a material impact on business (10-20 percent of future revenues), and employing data and analytics to create personalized experiences for customers.
- The benefits of pace: Pace is about increasing the rate of change without compromising the quality of the experiences being delivered. This encompasses automation, test and learn strategies, cross-functional teams, and the ability to learn and adapt quickly. What are the benefits of a digital transformation approach that emphasizes pace and what are they key drivers of success?
- Creating authentic partnerships: Travelers don’t just want an easy way to buy travel, they want a curated, personalized experience. As a result, the industry has shifted towards a partnership model with brands and online travel agencies teaming up with the customer at the core. How can brands meet customers’ needs in this respect and what are some examples of forging fruitful partnerships?
- Measuring and optimizing data: >What are some strategies travel companies can use to identify the right data to measure, and then optimize, the right customer data? What are the stakes, and what are some examples of a successful approach?
- Creating a winning channel strategy: An ‘all things to all people’ marketing strategy is rarely effective and likely to end up fragmenting resources. What are some strategies to evaluate channel strategy, and make critical decisions on where it’s most important to be and where to put your efforts?
Subscribe to Skift Pro
Subscribe to Skift Pro to get unlimited access to stories like these ($30/month)Subscribe Now
Rebooting Customer Experience to Bring Back Travel’s Magic: New Skift-McKinsey Research
The Covid-19 pandemic upended life as we know it, and devastated the travel industry globally. As travel volumes are returning in many parts of the world, it will be essential to put renewed focus on customer experience in the months ahead. Travel companies that fail to do so risk being left behind in the recovery.
Haixia Wang | 2 days ago
New Report: The 2021 Digital Transformation Report
In the latest edition of this annual report, Skift and Amazon Web Services explore the evolution of digital transformation efforts in the travel industry, featuring the results of a survey distributed to over 1,000 travel executives worldwide.
AWS + Skift | 4 days ago
New Research: 5 Trends From Travel’s 2021 Summer Surge
Expedia Group Media Solutions’ Q2 2021 Travel Recovery Trend Report features the latest research and key data on how travel is returning, with actionable insights to help guide the industry as it captures new demand.
Expedia Group Media Solutions + Skift | 1 week ago