Wellness has long been an important part of the travel experience, but it has just recently exploded as a full-fledged trend. Travel industry stakeholders looking to attract wellness-minded consumers need to understand what wellness tourism means today in order to successfully find a place within it.
Wellness is one of the biggest trends in the travel industry today. Even though it has gained new found attention, wellness has long been a key motivator for travel and an important part of the travel experience. Today, however, wellness travel is manifesting in new and different ways than it has in the past, driven by the demands of increasingly well-being minded travelers.
In Skift Research’s latest report, Defining the New Era of Wellness Tourism: Trends and Best Practices for Stakeholders, we set out to define wellness tourism as it exists today. We do this by addressing four questions about wellness tourism: How big and important is the wellness tourism market? What are the trends that define the new era of wellness travel? What sectors are impacted by wellness tourism? What are the best practices for various stakeholders looking to attract consumers with wellness in mind? Drawing from Skift Research proprietary survey data and insight from a number of in-depth interviews with wellness tourism stakeholders, this report defines the new era of wellness tourism.
What You’ll Learn From This Report:
- What wellness tourism means today and how it has evolved over time
- Who wellness tourists are, how they behave, and what they prefer
- How to categorize wellness tourists based on their wellness-oriented travel motivations
- Who the stakeholders are in wellness tourism and how potential stakeholders can play a role
- The size of the wellness tourism market
- The kinds of wellness travel experiences tourists are interested in
- A five-part breakdown of the new definition of wellness tourism
- Nine best practices for wellness tourism stakeholders
This is the latest in a series of monthly reports aimed at analyzing the fault lines of disruption in travel. These reports are intended for the busy travel industry decision-maker. Tap into the opinions and insights of our seasoned network of staffers and contributors. Over 200 hours of desk research, data collection, and/or analysis goes into each report.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. Reports are available online in a responsive design format, or you can also buy each report a la carte at a higher price.