Instagram today released a list of the 2013 most Instagrammed places around the world. And the top ten list says more about its users than the world’s top destinations.
The list includes two Los Angeles sports stadiums, two Disney parks, three New York City attractions, and two Thai places. The list is rounded out with, what else, a Vegas casino.
It’s a big week for social media sites sharing information about user behavior. Earlier, Facebook shared the most checked-in travel sights in the U.S. and abroad, Twitter shared its most popular photo posts, and Foursquare shares its most checked into places.
The top ten most Instagrammed places of 2013 are below, and shown in the slideshow above:
- Siam Paragon (สยามพารากอน) shopping mall, Bangkok, Thailand
- Times Square, New York
- Disneyland, California
- Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas
- Disney World Florida
- Staples Center, Los Angeles
- Central Park, New York
- Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ, Bangkok, Thailand
- The High Line, New York