Travel Video Trends This Week: The Rise of Vertical Video and Our Fascination with Drones Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Seven out of the 10 most popular places are sports stadiums or theme parks making the U.S. list significantly less diverse than the global list of top attractions. It is a clear sign of where Americans’ travel priorities lie.
Theme parks and baseball stadiums are the U.S. destinations that Facebook users most frequently checked into in 2013.
Facebook also listed the 25 most frequently checked into places in the world for 2013.
Travel is big business for the global social network, which confirmed that travel continues to be the second most talked-about life event on Facebook after relationship updates.
The 2013 U.S. list has changed slightly since the 2012 version was released.
The number of sports stadiums dropped from 7 to 4 as Yankee Stadium, Wrigley Field, and Angel Stadium were replaced with Epcot in Florida, MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, and the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
The full list of the 10 most-checked into destinations in the U.S. is below, followed by Facebook’s Year in Review video:
1. Disneyland & Disney California Adventure (Anaheim, CA)
2. Times Square (New York, NY)
3. Epcot – Walt Disney World (Lake Buena Vista, FL)
4. Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles, CA)
5. AT&T Park (San Francisco, CA)
6. Rangers Ballpark (Arlington, TX)
7. Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA)
8. Fenway Park (Boston, MA)
9. MGM Grand Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)
10. Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo (Houston, TX)