Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- The future of travel is mobile: 5 Ways That 21st-Century Travelers Are Unlike Any We’ve Seen Before
- Established travel companies launch startup investment funds: Amadeus Launches Venture Fund To Invest In Travel Startups
- Well-visited destinations enjoy the most social media buzz: Japan and California Top Tumblr’s List of the Most Reblogged Places of 2013
- Travel companies launch Chinese-language sites: TabletHotels.com Enters China’s Luxury Sector with Chinese-Language Site
- Travel companies launch Chinese-language sites: EasyJet Launches Homepage in Chinese
- Hotels come up with new initiatives to create shareable content: Luxury Hilton Chain Turns to Social Media Celebrities for New Campaign