First Free Story (1 of 3)Join Skift Pro
Marketing operations has risen as an important discipline in the past few years. With marketing getting ever more complex, marketing operations is often tasked to manage channel and campaign processes and performance evaluation, select and manage technology partners, plan budget, and coordinate inter- and cross-team communications.
Yet, core questions remain: Should there be a separate marketing operations specialist/team? What are the responsibilities and decision-making powers of the marketing operations function? In addition, there are broader questions that are related to operations and crucial to marketing success, including how marketing teams should be structured, what functions should report under marketing, and how budgets should be set.
Skift Research’s latest report, Marketing Operations in the Travel Industry Benchmarks: Destinations, is the second of a series of B2B insight reports to help address these topics. In this report, we present the survey results of 61 global destination organizations to help senior marketing executives benchmark their operations practices against the industry and set up strategies for optimization.
What You’ll Learn From This Report
- 2019 marketing priorities for destination organizations
- Prevalence of dedicated marketing operations functions in destination organizations
- Responsibilities and effectiveness of marketing operations functions in destination organizations
- How destination marketing teams are structured and the effectiveness of each structure
- Ideal marketing team structures in delivering marketing success
- Functions that report under marketing in destination organizations
- How destination marketers set up marketing budgets and the effectiveness of each budgeting approach
- How outperforming destination organizations stand out in key marketing operations areas
This is the latest in a series of monthly reports aimed at analyzing the fault lines of disruption in travel. These reports are intended for the busy travel industry decision-maker. Tap into the opinions and insights of our seasoned network of staffers and contributors. Over 200 hours of desk research, data collection, and/or analysis goes into each report.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. Reports are available online in a responsive design format, or you can also buy each report a la carte at a higher price.