Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
Skift is looking for a talented full-time Research Analyst based in New York City to help grow our travel market and industry research practice, Skift Trends.
We are expanding our offering with fresh methodologies, more data, more content, new formats, and custom services. This is a truly exciting opportunity for the right candidate to get on board with a talented team of journalists, research, and content strategists dedicated to defining the future of travel.
Who you are (more or less):
- 4-7 years experience in research writing and/or deep long-form business journalism.
- Proven ability to write on a variety of business topics particularly around travel tech
- Experience conceptualizing, researching and writing long-form industry reports
Comfortable with creating charts, graphs, figures in Excel and Keynote/PowerPoint
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and in-person with individuals and in groups
- Highly desirable: Some experience in the travel industry, tech, and hospitality
- Foreign languages and market-specific knowledge a plus
- Experience with SPSS statistical software a plus
- Based in New York City interested in working in a fun, brightly lit open plan office.
Here is your role:
- Take ownership of reports (3-5K words) spanning select topics relevant to the travel industry
- Create relevant roadmaps, outlines, and timelines for reports and custom research requests
- Bring creativity and zest in methodologies, presentation, and design of research deliverables
- Stay on top of what’s happening in the travel industry particularly in all things tech
- Assist in developing, programming, and analyzing surveys for consumer and industry research
- Conduct desk research pulling third-party data sources from databases
- Conducting interviews with travel industry insiders on specific topics
- You will report to our Research Director
HOW TO APPLY: Please address your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Skift Research Analyst Role and send:
- Brief intro letter
- Two writing samples (one long-form report preferable)
- Resume, of course!
Skift is an immersive and fun working and learning environment — everything that comes with a fast-growing company. But most of us are family people too, so we actively work to encourage a healthy work-life balance. We are building a humane company that wants the best out of people in the hours they give to the company, and build a more balanced life outside of it. Flex holiday policy, flex-work hours if needed, market-friendly benefits, competitive salary, and most of all, learning with the smartest business information team on the planet. Learn more about us here.