We have been pretty hot on drone videos in travel over the last year, and we believe aerial drone videos can change people’s perspectives on landscapes, literally and figuratively.
Smart travel brands will have to figure out how to incorporate them in their marketing arsenal. We have covered breakthrough travel drone videos throughout the year, and as the year ends we have collected what we think are the top 12 travel drone videos of 2014.
1. Shot by Philip Bloom, an accomplished British filmmaker known for his DSLR filmmaking, on the tiny Thai island of Koh Yao Noi.
2. Shot by Neumann Films in Oregon.
3. Shot by Trey Ratcliffe, shot above the city of Beijing. The full story about the video, on Trey’s blog.
4. This film below was made by Cut Media, and shot in the mountains of Scotland.
5. Shot by Tim Browning in Mongolia, primarily in the capital Ulaanbaatar.
6. Shot by French video production company Freeway Drone, in the Palace of Versailles.
7. A short aerial film showing Cape Town and its surrounding area, shot by Eric Cheng.
8. The British Virgin Islands, viewed from above, produced by Chris Norton of Skyvision VI.
9. A film shot in a trip through the south of Catalonia, by local production company AeroShots.
10. Produced by Todd Couper for EpicTV, and shot over various landscapes of Queenstown, New Zealand,
11. This video below, shot by landscape/travel photographer Elia Locardi, over Iceland.
12. Another one starring Iceland, shot and produced by Igor Byrko.