How is loyalty changing in the modern world, and how is it changing specifically for travelers and travel brands?
Those questions and emerging trends around traveler loyalty for airlines and hotels are tackled in a smart new presentation by Sarah Kennedy Ellis, the VP of Product Marketing & Strategic Development at Sabre.
The presentation includes examples of “consumer behaviors that impact traveler loyalty and will influence how we define, reward and recognize our most valuable customers while building real, meaningful relationships that can evolve into the holy grail of loyalty.”
Loyalty trends that are changing the travel industry include:
- Consumer demand of instant everything
- Brand heritage vs heresy, new generation of consumers care less about brand history
- A new bond: new generation identifies more closely with global peers than any prior generation in their own country or region
- Consumers love in-your-face authenticity
- Experience over possessions
- Personalized loyalty programs
It’s worth going through the presentation, which embedded below, in full: