First Free Story (1 of 3)Join Skift Pro
Tourism Australia’s Best Jobs in the World competition ended on Friday with six winners from France, Ireland, U.S., England, Brazil, and Canada.
Australia’s marketing campaign, which promoted six jobs including chief funster, taste master, and park ranger, received more than 330,000 entries from 196 countries.
The Sydney Morning Herald points out the surprising omission of a winner from China or any other Asian country given Australia’s focus on attracting visitors from the region. It cites Tourism Australia as saying that none of the applications were strong enough to win.
- Elisa Detrez (France): Park Ranger, Queensland
- Allan Dixon (Ireland): Outback Adventurer, Northern Territory
- Andrew Smith (US): Chief Funster, New South Wales
- Rich Keam (England): Taste Master, Western Australia
- Roberto Seba (Brazil): Lifestyle Photographer, Melbourne, Victoria
- Greg Snell (Canada): Wildlife Caretaker, South Australia