Editor’s note: We’re starting a new daily roundup of news — ChinaOB Daily— affecting outbound business, for countries trying to attract Chinese travelers.
- California has big hopes with Chinese president’s coming visit: It wants Chinese investment and know-how to build the high-speed bullet train that is planned to link Los Angeles and San Francisco. It wants access to China’s growing middle class – the largest in history…And it wants Chinese tourists to keep coming to California and spending their money here.
- Bali hoping for a big jump in Chinese visitors this year: Bali hopes to attract 400,000 tourists from China this year, up 40 percent from 300,000 last year…number of Chinese tourists visiting Bali in the first four months of 2013 reached 128,134 or an increase of 3.03 percent from 124,293 in the same period last year.
- Chinese visitors spend lot of time in South Australia: The latest International Visitor Survey reveals SA attracted 357,000 overseas tourists in the year to March…24,000 Chinese tourists visited SA, making up 7 per cent of all visitors. This placed the Asian giant fifth among countries sending tourists to SA but it ranked first for the number of nights they spend here.
- Australian wine makers courting Chinese: Australian First Families of Wine is a club of 12 producers…they have set their collective sights on China.It’s the world’s fastest growing wine market…The Families’ three-city tour in September will take in Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong.
- New York’s Trump Soho now has a Chinese language site: Trump SoHo New York now has a fully compatible Chinese language option on its website.
More Stories Below ▼
Trend Report 2 months ago
Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors. 2 hours ago
Trend Report 3 weeks ago