In the latest edition of this annual report, Skift and Amazon Web Services explore the evolution of digital transformation efforts in the travel industry, featuring the results of a survey distributed to over 1,000 travel executives worldwide.
The Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 was a digital wake-up call for the travel and hospitality industry, placing new demands on companies across the sector and creating an urgent need for solutions to address them.
What percentage of the sector has embraced this new digital-first philosophy? Which areas of their business will leaders prioritize as they ramp up their digital transformation efforts? And how will they prioritize investment in software, technology, and talent to support these efforts?
To answer these questions and gain a clearer picture on the ground, Skift and Amazon Web Services (AWS) collaborated in summer 2021 on a global research study of global travel leaders to produce the 2021 Digital Transformation Report.
In this year’s report, you’ll find:
- The results of a survey on digital transformation distributed to over 1,000 travel industry executives who oversee technology decisions at their organizations.
- Insights on how executives in the travel and hospitality industry perceive digital transformation as an overall business objective.
- How executives plan to make use of company and customer data to support their decision making.
- The kinds of systems and technology companies are investing in to satisfy digital-first consumers.
- Where major tech investments are going in the travel industry, particularly as it relates to emerging innovations such as cloud computing.
- How the industry’s talent, training, and team structures will support digital-first strategies.