As hotels reach a pivotal midpoint in their recovery heading into a busy summer season, Skift looked to examine hospitality’s rebound and future through a recent jam-packed one-day summit. Skift took a look at the critical consumer trends, marketing strategies, shifts in the guest experience, operational hurdles and labor shortages, and the latest distribution tactics to consider at this important mid-point in the year.
During the Hospitality and Marketing Summit, Skift editors and research analysts led a series of interviews with hotel CEOs and executives, research presentations, editorially driven panels, and conversations with GMs on the ground, digging into the big questions facing hospitality. We’ve compiled the key takeaways and insights in an executive focus report.
In this report, we examine:
- As U.S. states quickly reopen to full-capacity, how is the sector and its reduced workforce preparing?
- Will the boom of leisure this summer not actually solve the financial problems of hotels?
- What’s behind the resilience of lifestyle hotels and how may that evolve in the future?
- With technology developments happening faster than hotels can even implement them, what data and tech solutions actually matter?
- What might the future of distribution look like, and how are third parties more important than ever?
Find out more about Skift events here.