As you may know, National Travel & Tourism Week is an annual tradition for the U.S. travel community. It’s a time when travel and tourism professionals across the country unite to celebrate the value travel holds for our economy, businesses and personal well-being.
Just a few important stats:
- As a leader in workforce development and career advancement, travel creates and supports 15.7 million jobs across the U.S., making it the seventh-largest private sector employer.
- In 2018, traveler spending generated $171 billion in total tax revenue, including $78.6 billion in state and local revenue.
- That $78.6 billion can pay for a host of critical resources; it’s more than enough to pay all state and local police and firefighters, or the more than one million public high school teachers.
You can find out more about National Travel and Tourism Week and how to get involved here. At Skift we’re proud to support this great industry and make it our life’s work. To celebrate this week, we’re giving you exclusive discounts to access Skift Research and attend Skift Forums.
DEALS ON SKIFT forums
For this week only take 25% OFF all of our upcoming Skift Forums. This is your chance to claim your spot at all of our groundbreaking conferences and save money while you’re at it. Use code: TOURISM25 to save.
- Skift Forum Asia: May 27 in Singapore
- $250 OFF Register Now
- Skift Tech Forum: June 27 in San Francisco
- $375 OFF Register Now
- Skift Global Forum: September 18-19 in New York City
- $1,000 OFF Super Early Bird Price Register Now
DEALS ON SKIFT RESEARCH
- 25% OFF individual Skift Research Reports. Recent topics we’ve covered in-depth include affluent travelers, the hotel revenue management landscape, industry marketing operations, and much more. Each report is meticulously researched and written by Skift’s world-class analysts. Add any report(s) to your cart and use code TOURISM25 at checkout to save.
- 25% OFF an annual subscription. A Skift Research subscription provides deep actionable insights into the trends and companies now defining the future of travel. You’ll have unlimited access to 20+ new reports per year, our library of 100+ previous reports, analyst sessions, data sheets and more. Use code TOURISM25 at checkout to save.
We hope you’ll take some time this week to reflect on the importance of the travel industry to local, national, and global economies. Attend a Skift Forum and travel somewhere new, or subscribe to Skift Research and broaden your knowledge. Thanks for your support.
If you have any questions please email the Skift marketing team at EG@skift.com.
Disclaimer: All deals end on 5/12/19 at 11:59 PM EST. Discounts cannot be retroactively applied to subscribers or ticket holders, or combined with any other offers. Not valid on enterprise or professional subscriptions for Research or Airline Weekly.