InterContinental Hotels' work with IHG Concerto, an all-in-one hotel tech solution for hotel owners, is just one example of how the chain is strengthening its business while improving relations with hotel owners. Our latest research report shows just how IHG is looking to be a smarter, better hotel company that is well-positioned for the future.
As Marriott and Hilton battle acquisition integrations and new asset-light identities, respectively, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is establishing itself as a leader in hospitality tech innovation and developing itself into a nimbler, more diversified company.
In Skift Research’s latest report out Tuesday, A Deep Dive Into IHG 2019: Leading in Tech Innovation and Staying Nimble, we focus on the company’s recent developments in technological solutions for hotel owners via IHG Concerto as well as how the company has been diversifying its business in terms of geographies and brands. We also take a look at renovation programs dedicated to strengthening the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brands and provide hotel owners’ perspectives on the changes.
While we don’t know precisely when the next recession will occur, our research indicates that IHG is strengthening relations with hotel owners, investing in areas that elevate guest experiences and drive loyalty, and diversifying its own business. Its key areas of focus are making it a smarter, better hotel company that is well-positioned no matter what the future looks like.
What You’ll Learn from this Report:
- An overview of IHG by the numbers: sales, earnings, supply, and pipeline
- Geography and property types: IHG’s past, present, and future
- A description of IHG’s recent tech developments
- Owner views of IHG’s technology solutions and views of new IHG Concerto
- Then versus now: An assessment of IHG’s positioning ahead of the next recession
- Owner views on Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brand renovations and expectations
- A description of other areas of strength for the company
- Skift Research forecasts for IHG’s 2019 RevPAR (revenue per available room), revenue, and earnings
- Company risks
This is the latest in a series of monthly reports aimed at analyzing the fault lines of disruption in travel. These reports are intended for the busy travel industry decision-maker. Tap into the opinions and insights of our seasoned network of staffers and contributors. Over 200 hours of desk research, data collection, and/or analysis goes into each report.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. Reports are available online in a responsive design format, or you can also buy each report a la carte at a higher price.
Subscribe to Skift Pro
Subscribe to Skift Pro to get unlimited access to stories like these ($30/month)Subscribe Now