Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
Mobile has taken a central role in the in-destination journey, acting as a personal assistant to travelers by providing easy access to important information, allowing for on-the-spot booking, and more. Travel brands and destinations are aware of the importance of mobile to today’s travelers, but still face challenges in determining the most effective way to embed themselves meaningfully into the in-destination mobile journey.
Skift Research’s latest report out today, U.S. Traveler In-Destination Mobile Usage Survey 2018, offers insights into all of these issues.
In this report, we use the results of our U.S. Traveler In-Destination Mobile Usage Survey to map out a 15-part, in-destination mobile journey, from air travel, to ground transportation, accommodations, tours and activities, and more. We look specifically at how many travelers use mobile at each stage, how in particular they use mobile, and the apps they use. We then segment respondents according to age and combined household income to uncover nuances in the in-destination mobile behavior of U.S. travelers based on these demographics. Armed with this information, travel brands can gain a clear understanding of how they can fit into the in-destination mobile journey most effectively.
What You’ll Learn From This Report:
- How U.S. travelers use mobile throughout the in-destination journey, from air travel, to accommodations, tours and activities, and more.
- What tasks travelers use mobile to accomplish for different parts of their trips.
- The specific apps travelers use at each part of the in-destination journey.
- How mobile app use compares to mobile website use.
- Major apps used at each stage of the in-destination journey.
- Key differences in mobile use in-destination based on age.
- Key differences in mobile use in-destination based on household income.
This is the latest in a series of monthly reports aimed at analyzing the fault lines of disruption in travel. These reports are intended for the busy travel industry decision-maker. Tap into the opinions and insights of our seasoned network of staffers and contributors. Over 200 hours of desk research, data collection, and/or analysis goes into each report.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. Reports are available online in a responsive design format, or you can also buy each report a la carte at a higher price.