Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
Skift is looking for experienced freelance analysts to help grow our flagship travel market and industry intelligence portal Skift Trends.
Skift Trends is almost four years old now and we’re looking to expand with fresh methodologies, more data, more content, new formats, and custom services. This is a great career opportunity to get on board with a talented and truly passionate team of journalists, analysts, and content strategists dedicated to defining the future of travel.
Here is your role:
- Take ownership of reports (3-5K words) spanning select topics relevant to the travel industry
- Create relevant roadmaps, outlines, and timelines for reports and custom research requests
- Align with Skift team to secure interviews and connect with high-level travel industry contacts
- Assist in developing, programming, and analyzing surveys for consumer and industry research
- Bring creativity and zest in methodologies, presentation, and design of research deliverables
- Stay on top of what’s happening in the travel industry particularly in all things tech
This might be you:
- You are likely a mid-to-late career journalist, analyst, or consultant with a passion for research
- You are interested in occasional research projects, industry exposure and supplemental income
- Proven ability to write on a variety of business topics particularly around travel tech (required)
- Experience conceptualizing, researching and writing long-form industry reports (required)
- Comfortable with creating charts, graphs, figures in Excel and PowerPoint (required)
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and in-person with individuals and in groups (required)
- Experience in the travel industry, tech, and hospitality desirable but not required
- Foreign languages and market specific knowledge a plus
Skift is a great place to work and our network in the travel industry is growing. Read more about Skift and our company here. As a contributor, you will have the Skift name behind you — which goes a long way in reaching top travel industry folk. We are based in New York but you can work remotely.
How to Apply
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Interest in Contributing Analyst Role.” Also include:
- Brief intro letter
- Two writing samples (one long-form report)