For financial, online travel nerds and human resources nerds, here's all the fine print that's seen the light of day so far about then Expedia-HomeAway merger.
Expedia’s planned acquisition of HomeAway for $3.9 billion is the online booking site’s biggest purchase, and it follows years of developments at both companies that prepared them for the deal.
For those looking for a deep dive into the deal, the following are links to Skift’s dual interview of the CEOs, including the transcript; the merger agreement; a transcript of the November 4 Expedia-HomeAway conference call with financial analysts announcing the merger, and HomeAway’s communications with employees.
- Interview and Transcript: Expedia and HomeAway CEOs Talk Acquisition, Mistakes and Opportunities
- The transcript of a conference call held by Expedia, Inc. and HomeAway, Inc. to discuss the Acquisition Transaction on November 4, 2015
- The Expedia Inc.-HomeAway merger agreement and plan of reorganization
- HomeAway’s communication to employees about the merger
- HomeAway announcing a Table Talks meeting for employees about Expedia’s acquisition of HomeAway
- Don’t tweet, don’t post, don’t communicate
- Expedia communication to its employees about the HomeAway acquisition
Skift stories about the Expedia-HomeAway deal and past coverage:
- Interview: Expedia and HomeAway CEOs Talk Acquisition, Mistakes and Opportunities
- Barry Diller on Expedia Buying HomeAway: ‘Smartest Thing Is to Disrupt’
- Adding Up the Costs of Expedia Vs. Priceline Vs. TripAdvisor
- Expedia’s HomeAway to Follow Airbnb’s Lead and Add a Booking Fee for Travelers
- Expedia Acquires HomeAway for $3.9 Billion
Past Skift Coverage:
- Interview: HomeAway CEO on Whether His Company Is Next Acquisition Target
- Expedia Is Not Worried About the Sharing Economy and HomeAway for Now
- Interview: HomeAway CEO on Big Players Acquiring Vacation Rental Companies
- Priceline CEO Interview: Why It Is in ‘Constant Discussions’ With HomeAway
- Analysis: What Does the Kayak-HomeAway Deal Really Mean?
- HomeAway CEO to Rivals: This Isn’t as Easy as You Think
- The Big Collision Between Vacation Rentals and the Sharing Economy Is Happening Now
- Expedia’s Vacation Rental Breakthrough Is a Big Bust So Far
- HomeAway Shuffles Management As European Operations Dampen Earnings
- How The Vacation Rental Land Grab Stacks Up: HomeAway Vs. Priceline Vs. Airbnb
- Skift Forum Video: HomeAway’s Chief Strategist on the Evolution of Alternative Stays
The Daily Newsletter
Our daily coverage of the global travel industry. Written by editors and analysts from across Skift’s brands.
Have a confidential tip for Skift? Get in touch
Photo credit: HomeAway's homepage. Frame