Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
The team behind Wander, the social travel sharing site that never fully emerged from beta, is joining Yahoo after it acquired their app Days for an undisclosed sum. The announcement came in a blog post on the Days Tumblr account.
Days was designed for users who wanted to package the small moments in their life that weren’t quite important enough to share on social media on their own, but may tell a “story” when added together. The travel site Wander was originally designed to let users share their journeys with friends and others.
Wander came out of TechStars and had raised $1.2 million. TechCruch reports that chatter at last night’s Crunchies awards placed the sale amount at $10 million, but any rumors shared at a tech awards event where alcohol is flowing should be taken with a grain of salt.
A source Skift spoke with today was insistent that no money changed hands.
On the Days blog post, the founders say the app will continue to operate as a standalone entity, but VentureBeat reports that “Yahoo has little interest in the app itself.”
More About Acqui-Hires:
- Booking.com Hires Team From Messaging Startup To Help In Customer Service
- TripAdvisor Acquires Cruise Online-Booking Site CruiseWise
- Hotel Tech Firm Acquires Tours Company in Another Soft Landing For A Startup
- TripAdvisor on Buying Travel Startups: We Will Continue to Be Acquisitive”
- Special Report: Investors Boycott Tours and Activities as Peer-to-Peer Shakeout Looms