Recently, we introduced TripConnect, which allows independent hoteliers to bid to appear in TripAdvisor’s Hotel Price Comparison Search. TripConnect is based on a cost-per-click (CPC) model (sometimes referred to as pay-per-click, or PPC).
Trying to decide if TripConnect is right for you? Here are five reasons why it’s worth the investment:
- Access the world’s largest travel audience: TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site with over 260 million unique visitors planning trips each month.1 Only TripConnect can provide cost-per-click access to this massive, qualified travel audience.
- Capitalize on the top source of direct bookings: A Q2 2013 survey of over 15,000 hotel guests by World Independent Hotels Promotion (WIHP) found that TripAdvisor has become “the most important factor in direct bookings.” TripConnect makes it even easier for travelers to book directly.
- Share rates and availability, not generic copy: TripConnect works with your internet booking engine to deliver the specific data travelers need to make decisions. So when they do click, they’re more likely to convert. Many other CPC alternatives appeal to audiences using general text and imagery. The specific data TripConnect delivers to travelers is typically far more effective than copy-driven CPC ads.
- Focus on conversion: Most CPC ads aim to drive awareness and link travelers to your homepage. With TripConnect, travelers have already researched your destination and property. When they click, they’re brought to your booking page for purchase. This can lead to a higher conversion rate – and more return on your investment.
- Reduce waste: If a traveler is looking for a hotel night this weekend, but your property is sold out, TripConnect will show that you don’t have any availability. The traveler can see the information they need right up front – reducing unnecessary clicks. Other CPC options may not have access to that customer data and will still serve your standard ad – wasting the traveler’s time and your money.
Ready to give TripConnect a try? With our self-service platform, setting up a campaign takes just 15 minutes. Get started at www.tripadvisor.com/TripConnect today!
This content is created collaboratively in partnership with our sponsor, TripAdvisor.