Travel Video Trends This Week: The Rise of Vertical Video and Our Fascination with Drones Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top hospitality trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- TripAdvisor users rank hotels high for scenery and spas: 10 Best Hotels in the World, According to TripAdvisor Reviews
- Hotels start listening to customers’ demand for free Wi-Fi: Luxury Hotel Group Loews Gives Guests Free Wi-Fi in Every Room
- Chinese hotels shift strategies to attract officials: China’s 5-Star Hotels Downgrade Ratings to Appease Government Officials
- Hotels ramp up social media ad efforts: Starwood Is the First Travel Brand to Advertise on Instagram
- High hotel occupancy signals an improving economy: Starwood’s North American Hotels Reach Record Occupancy in 2013
- Hotels introducing more health and wellness features: Hotel Companies Make a Resolution to Get Healthier in 2014
- Mobile hotel booking gets faster, easier for guests: HotelTonight’s Speedy Booking App Just Got Even Faster
- Mobile check-ins becoming more common at hotels: Mobile Check-ins At Hotels Poised For Dramatic Growth