Dubai’s Plan for a Seamlessly Connected City Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends. We’re now highlighting the posts that tackle these global trends pointing towards the future of travel. This one looks at top tourism and marketing trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- U.S. travel growth: Foreign Tourists in America Spent $87.1 Billion in First Half of 2013
- Global business travel growth: The World’s 15 Largest Business Travel Markets Are Growing
- Food tourism on the rise: Get Ready For a New Travel Buzzword: Food Sherpas
- European travel trends: Tourism in 2013: The Fastest Growing European Countries
- European travel trends: The European Destinations Most Popular Among U.S. Visitors This Year
- Visa free travel is the newest marketing tool: Beijing To Promote 3-Day Visa Free Travel, As International Visits Drop
- As Europe regresses on visa issues: European Union Updates Passport Rules: Must be Valid 3 Months After Departure
- Destination branding through TV/movies: ‘Breaking Bad’ Tourism Boost Will Last Long After Series Leaves Albuquerque
- Celebrity-effect on tourism branding: Obama Family Trip to Ireland Sparks Renewed Interest in Emerald Isle
- China vs Asia: China is the New Japan: Tourism Growth Shows No Signs of Stopping
- Local transportation: How Mayor Bloomberg Changed The Way New York City Moves