Articles tagged “asia”

Tourism

China’s Weak Economy Won’t Stop ‘100 Million’ Tourists

Let's hope a weak economy doesn't stop 100 million Chinese tourists from turning out globally this year.

China’s Weak Economy Won’t Stop ‘100 Million’ Tourists

Tourism

Ask Skift: What Are the Top Travel Trends in Asia?

Travel in Asia is expected to continue its post-pandemic boom this year, and here are some shaping travel on the continent.

Ask Skift: What Are the Top Travel Trends in Asia?

Tourism

Chinese Tourists Plan Fewer Trips to Europe in 2024

European destinations need to come up with new strategies to attract Chinese tourists.

Chinese Tourists Plan Fewer Trips to Europe in 2024

Tourism

Asia Is Poised to Lead Travel’s Recovery in 2024

Today's podcast looks at Asia's growth in 2024, Frontier's biz class beliefs, and Royal Caribbean's answer to Vegas and Orlando.

Asia Is Poised to Lead Travel’s Recovery in 2024

Tourism

What North Korea Travel Is Like: FAQ

If you have North Korea on your travel bucket list, expect the planning to be complicated and your visit to be like a school field trip.

What North Korea Travel Is Like: FAQ

Tourism

White Lotus Picks Thailand For Season 3 – Tourism Boost to Follow

Thailand just scored a powerful tourism promotion opportunity by being the location for White Lotus' next season.

White Lotus Picks Thailand For Season 3 – Tourism Boost to Follow

Hotels

Banyan Tree Rebranding Sets the Stage for 19 New Openings in 2024

Banyan Group through its rebranding is determined to shield its core brand, ensuring it retains its essence amidst the clamor of multiple brand launches.

Banyan Tree Rebranding Sets the Stage for 19 New Openings in 2024

News Blog

Tripla Expands Into Taiwan Via Surehigh Acquisition

Tripla, which provides a booking engine to hotels in Japan and Southeast Asia, has acquired a hotel tech company in Taiwan. Tokyo-based Tripla said it acquired 91% of Surehigh, which provides more than 1,200 Taiwanese hotels with a reservation engine and channel manager. The other 9% of the company was acquired by a venture capital…

News Blog

Middle East Tourism Surpassed Pre-Pandemic Levels Before Israel-Hamas War

The Middle East exceeded its pre-pandemic international tourist arrival numbers by over 20% through September this year, according to the UN World Tourism Organization's latest data. That's before the Israel-Hamas conflict started in early October. UNWTO accredited the Middle East's performance to new visa facilitation measures, the development of new destinations, new tourism-related projects and…

Tour Operators

Travel to Japan is Booming, But Tour Operators Face Capacity Crunch

Taipei-based tours and activities operator KKday wants to grow its market share, but with it comes delivery challenges beyond the sector's offline fragmentation.

Travel to Japan is Booming, But Tour Operators Face Capacity Crunch