The start of a new decade always comes with a collective expectation that the upcoming decade is going to be very different from the one left behind. In many ways this will be the case, but the track record of hotel technology is one of slow progress rather than radical innovation. There is no hotel technology solution that illustrates this better than the property management system (PMS).
But maybe we do actually find ourselves at a truly seminal moment in the history of the hotel PMS as we know it. The disruptions to the incumbent players have steadily increased over the past years, so much so that we are starting to see this coming to a boil now, resulting in considerable changes in the PMS landscape.
We’re excited to publish our latest research report, The Hotel Property Management Systems Landscape 2020, which investigates how cloud computing, open APIs, marketplaces and middleware layers are shaking up the PMS space. The report discusses historic, current and future developments in the PMS landscape, and provides survey insights and market sizing to establish how the PMS landscape is evolving.
What You’ll Learn From This Report
- The history of the PMS vendor landscape.
- What the PMS should and should not do according to industry experts.
- How different PMS vendors build features in-house or integrate with third-party vendors.
- Market shares of the largest PMS vendors in terms of hotels and hotel rooms.
- How technology is changing integrations with PMS vendors through open APIs, marketplaces and middleware layers.
- How much PMS installation, maintenance, integrations, marketplaces and middleware layers cost.
- What the future of the PMS might look like.
This is the latest in a series of monthly reports, data sheets, and analyst calls aimed at analyzing the fault lines of disruption in travel. These reports are intended for the busy travel industry decision-maker. Tap into the opinions and insights of our seasoned network of staffers and contributors. Over 200 hours of desk research, data collection, and/or analysis goes into each report.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. Reports are available online in a responsive design format, or you can also buy each report a la carte at a higher price.