The Middle East region might not be experiencing huge booms in outbound travel like China or India, but this doesn’t mean the region should be overlooked. Not only is outbound travel from the region steadily increasing, Middle Eastern travelers have per-trip expenditures that are among the highest in the world. It’s time for the travel industry to start paying attention to this region.
Skift Research is launching its latest report, The State of Middle East Outbound Travel 2019, provides a closer look at this lucrative market with a special focus on the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries. The report begins with an overview of the market by the numbers, as they stand today and where they’re heading in the future. We then turn our attention to key factors that are driving outbound travel from the region. Next, we look at the behaviors and preferences of Middle Eastern consumers and travelers, starting with those that are technology related, and then zooming into travel-specific trends, including booking behaviors, destination preferences, and the impact of religion on travel. Finally, we provide case studies of global travel brands and destinations that are putting initiatives in place in an effort to attract travelers from the Middle East.
What You’ll Learn From This Report:
- Market size and expenditures of Middle Eastern outbound travelers, by core market
- Key factors driving outbound travel from the Middle East
- Behaviors and preferences related to technology and social media among Middle Easterners that are shaping the way they travel
- Trends in the travel behavior and preferences of Middle Eastern travelers, from booking preferences to destination preferences
- How global travel brands and destinations are taking steps to better cater to travelers from this region
This is the latest in a series of monthly reports aimed at analyzing the fault lines of disruption in travel. These reports are intended for the busy travel industry decision-maker. Tap into the opinions and insights of our seasoned network of staffers and contributors. Over 200 hours of desk research, data collection, and/or analysis goes into each report.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. Reports are available online in a responsive design format, or you can also buy each report a la carte at a higher price.