Today, we’re publishing a new Insights Deck in partnership with Egencia, Bringing Satisfaction Back to Business Travel, which explores key challenges facing corporate travel managers through a mix of surveys and interviews.
There’s a growing focus on the importance of business traveler satisfaction and its impact on employee productivity and retention in today’s corporate travel industry.
Corporate travel managers and their procurement departments have typically prioritized travel expense before everything else, but the concern around wear and tear, or “friction” on the frequent business traveler has grown over the last few years as it’s become increasingly clear that this could cost companies in the long run. This report examines the value and advantages of bringing satisfaction back to corporate travel.
To show the full spectrum of the evolving business travel landscape, Skift and Egencia tapped into a number of sources for insights. Our methodologies for this deck include in-depth interviews with nine corporate travel managers from a variety of industries, an Egencia survey of 4521 business travelers in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, United Kingdom and United States, conducted by Northstar, and an additional Skift survey of 61 Corporate Travel Managers.
This report will include:
● Why traveler satisfaction is much more of a focus now than it was even just a few years ago, and why that matters
● Why many travel managers and their travelers agree that the mobile business travel experience has room for improvement
● How emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence can improve customer service in corporate travel
● How travel managers and their travelers deal with business travel in an age of global uncertainty and anxiety
● How the emergence of the sharing economy has changed the business travel experience and the ways corporate travel managers must think about their policies
This content was created collaboratively by Egencia and Skift’s branded content studio, SkiftX.