Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
More and more, business trip-goers are enticed to use flight and hotel booking sites rather than their company’s preferred platforms. They can hardly be blamed though. Oftentimes the systems they are asked to use are woefully obsolete. They don’t sync with their expense reporting platforms. Or, their corporate booking and expense systems don’t offer the flexibility of mobile access, making their travel experiences far less fluid than most of their other daily consumer interactions.
Health insurance provider Anthem recognized the need to provide a modern, integrated travel and expense solution to its thousands of employees.
By giving them a mobile-centric option that lets them book trips, lodging, car rental, and even ride-sharing from Uber, and that seamlessly updates their expenses, the firm is getting big benefits:
● A great user experience resulting in adoption of the company’s preferred travel booking and expense platform
● Transparency: reporting data showing event and meeting expenses as they happen, not after they’ve gone over budget
● Easier compliance with corporate travel and expense policies
● Insights: a clear view of airlines, hotels, and car rental brands preferred by employees giving a sharper picture of potential corporate travel partners
● Smarter negotiations: Armed with reporting data, travel managers are fostering better deals with airlines, hotel groups, and auto rental partners