Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Airlines use tech to improve customer service: Airlines Use Data to Target Flyers: Customer-Friendly or Creepy?
- Pricline continues its rise to become a booking behemoth: Priceline Overtakes Expedia in Gross Bookings for the First Time
- Google Maps is still the best travel tool around: Flyers Can Now Use Google Maps to Find Their Way Through Gatwick Airport
- Gate-to-gate device usage now common among U.S. airlines: Largest U.S. Airlines Now Allow Electronic Devices But Southwest Is the Holdout
- Travel is becoming more mobile and automated: The 10 Tech Innovations That Influenced Travel This Year
- Flyers get access to more in-flight digital tools: Gogo In-Flight Teams Up with Glympse for Check-Ins in the Sky
- Internet is giving everyone access to faster booking: Alibaba to Let Chinese Users Buy Airline Tickets Online without Credit Cards
- Social media becomes the go-to communication tool during crisis: How Los Angeles Airport Turned to Twitter During Friday’s Shooting Incident