Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Airlines cater to digital-savvy flyers: Southwest Will Hand Out Free iPads on Select Flights
- Airlines cater to digital-savvy flyers: JetBlue Wi-Fi Rollout To Begin Within A Few Weeks
- Social media drives adoption of online booking: Social Media Is Helping BRIC Travelers Embrace Online Booking
- Travel brands get better at social customer service: How Well Do Airlines Deal With Customers’ Twitter Requests?
- Travel brands use social media to engage new and old customers: What Brands Can Learn About YouTube From Europe’s Largest Hotel Group
- Digital tools are being used to help tourists in new ways: UK Travel Agency Replaces Paper with Touchscreens in Next-Generation Store
- Digital tools are being used to help tourists in new ways: Interactive Tourist Kiosks Are Moving Beyond the Gimmick
- Cruise lines cater to digital-savvy passengers: Cruise Lines Enhance Wi-Fi Onboard Ships
- Hotels cater to digital-savvy guests: Mandarin Oriental Wi-Fi Now Free For Hotel Website Bookings
- Taxi apps less popular than tech blogs would have you think: Skift Asks: Do You Need a Taxi Hailing App?
Have a confidential tip for Skift? Get in touch
Photo credit: Customers can explore trips and packages based on destination on a large interactive map at the new Thomson store. Thomson