Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
The Top 10 hospitals for medical tourism, according to Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA), which came out with its annual rankings for 2013 earlier this month.
- Prince Court Medical Center, Malaysia
- Asklepios Klinik Barmbek, Germany
- Clemenceau Medical Center, Lebanon
- Fortis Hospital Bangalore, India
- Wooridul Spine Hospital, Korea
- Bumrungrad International, Thailand
- Anadolu Medical Center, Turkey
- Bangkok Hospital Medical Center, Thailand
- Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore
- Asian Heart Institute, India
For the first time, a Malaysian hospital topped the list, with seven of the top 10 hospitals located in Asia.
According to MTQUA, Thailand, often thought to be the most popular medical destination, may be losing its top standing as its underdeveloped medical tourism infrastructure and its strong baht are causing patients and facilitators to look for alternative medical destinations and creating opportunities for Thailand’s key competitors, Malaysia and Turkey.