5 Digital Travel Trends We’re Tracking at Skift This Week
Visitors look over the new iPad mini at an Apple event in San Jose, California October 23, 2012. Robert Galbraith / Reuters
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends. We’re now highlighting the posts that tackle these global trends pointing towards the future of travel. This one looks at top digital travel trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Travelers research heavily before booking: Travelers Visit 38 Sites Before Booking a Vacation, Study Says
- OTAs like Expedia are the most popular type of booking website: 7 Most Popular Types of Travel Booking Websites of 2013
- iPads infiltrate the travel experience: Cape Cod Hotels Get iPads to Promote Area Attractions for Guests
- iPads infiltrate the travel experience: Hawaiian Air is the First Carrier to Offer iPad Minis for In-Flight Entertainment
- Jobs contests are the new form of website marketing Travel Websites Build Brand Awareness with Awesome Jobs Campaigns