Looking back on 2023 where Skift hosted eight impactful events that brought top industry leaders, visionaries, and enthusiasts together to delve into the future of travel. Last year was one for the books - and we are not slowing down in 2024.
As we enter into a new year, it is the perfect time to take a look back at the iconic year of events that occurred in 2023. We kicked-off the year with our annual Megatrends, in New York City, London and online. Then in March, we took Skift’s Future of Lodging Forum to London and in June, we brought back one of our most popular events, Skift Short-Term Rental Summit, where we had a SOLD OUT show. We later hosted our 10th and largest Skift Global Forum yet in New York City while simultaneously introducing our first ever Skift Meetings Forum. We rounded out the year with our fourth-annual Skift Aviation Forum in Fort Worth, Texas in November and hosted our second-annual Skift Global Forum East in Dubai in December. Truly a year for the books.
Let’s take a look at Skift Events in 2023 by the numbers. We hosted 8 events in-person in 3 different continents (North America, Europe and Asia). We welcomed 145 speakers and 5,535 guests who attended from over 94 countries.
Our 2023 Events:
- January: Megatrends 2023 – New York City, London, and Online
- March: Skift Future of Lodging Forum – London
- June: Skift Short-Term Rental Summit – New York City
- September: Skift Global Forum and Skift Meetings Forum – New York City
- November: Skift Aviation Forum – Dallas Fort-Worth
- December: Skift Global Forum East – Dubai
Here are some of our 2023 stage highlights:
- Katerina Giannouka – Jumeirah Group CEO at Skift Future of Lodging Forum 2023
- Laurence Tosi – Managing Partner of WestCap Group at Skift’s Short-Term Rental Summit 2023
- Dara Khosrowshahi – CEO of Uber at Skift Global Forum 2023
- Bob Jordan – Southwest Airlines CEO at Skift Aviation Forum 2023
- Issam Kazim – CEO of Dubai Corp for Tourism and Commerce at Skift Global Forum East 2023
As we look back on last year, it’s clear that each event was a unique opportunity to connect, learn, and envision the future of travel. The insights shared and relationships forged will undoubtedly continue to shape the industry in the years to come. Here’s to another year of innovation, collaboration, and exploration at Skift.
As always, a sincere thank you to our attendees, companies, sponsors, and speakers for being a part of such a successful year at Skift.
And we aren’t slowing down in 2024, see what is coming up next for Skift Live:
Tags: skift live