Travel is recovering, but hotel owners are not out of the woods yet. With travelers hitting the road again, it’s more important than ever for hotel owners to be agile with their businesses to ensure success.
The U.S. hotel owner landscape is broad and diverse. They run the gamut from small business owners to major NYSE-listed real estate investment trusts. Skift Research’s latest report will examine the key issues facings this important part of the travel sector in 2021.
There are many different decisions each hotel owner needs to make, whether to affiliate with a franchise or not, what kind of property and customer to target, and how they will market, distribute, and operate their properties.
This report will primarily focus on what we believe to be the most important decision a U.S. hotel owner has to make: whether to affiliate their property with a franchise brand or to distribute and market the hotel independently. We will look at the relative performance of brands vs. independent hotels during Covid, their costs, and their different distribution strategies. We also take a look at the hard vs. soft brand debate and how some independent owners are responding.
We also have a special focus topic on the state of staffing in the hotel industry today and close this report with five key takeaways for hoteliers.
What You’ll Learn From This Report
- An overview of the different roles and players that make up the hospitality ‘stack.’
- Branded vs. independent U.S. market share,
- A deep dive into the branded hotel owner today including how brand standards are evolving.
- A look into the distribution capabilities of independent vs. branded hotels including channel mixes, how loyalty evolved during the pandemic, and cost structure.
- A deep dive into the relative performance of different brands and independent properties during and after Covid-19 in the U.S.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. You will also be able to access our proprietary Skift Recovery Index and Skift Health Score data and reports.
Subscribe to Skift Pro
Subscribe to Skift Pro to get unlimited access to stories like these ($30/month)Subscribe Now
Tags: skift research