First Free Story (1 of 3)Join Skift Pro
Economic and political uncertainty has plagued the UK since the June 2016 Brexit referendum, which saw a small majority of UK voters choose to leave the EU. As drawn-out negotiations on the exit from the EU are ongoing, it’s uncertain what the future of UK travel will look like.
With the UK being the fourth largest source market for international travel, it’s important for many destinations that the Brits continue to travel. Our latest research report provides a comprehensive investigation of the UK traveler, looking at factors like travel participation, spending behavior, age, travel purpose, and popular destinations.
We also forecast the impact of Brexit on travel behavior over the coming five years. We have no crystal ball, but looking at how past economic declines have impacted travel behavior provides an indication of what’s to come. Three scenarios highlight the different future possibilities for UK travel.
What you’ll learn from this report
- The number of UK residents who travel and how much the average household spends on travel
- Historical time series data on travel volume and value for 2006–2018
- Insight into trips and spending broken down by age, trip purpose, and destinations
- Key facts about the Brexit process, and how it is forecast to impact the travel industry
- 2019–2024 forecast data based on three Brexit scenarios: the UK remains in a single market, the UK leaves the EU with a deal, or the UK leaves the EU without a deal
This is the latest in a series of monthly reports, data sheets, and analyst calls aimed at analyzing the fault lines of disruption in travel. These reports are intended for the busy travel industry decision-maker. Tap into the opinions and insights of our seasoned network of staffers and contributors. Over 200 hours of desk research, data collection, and/or analysis goes into each report.
After you subscribe, you will gain access to our entire vault of reports conducted on topics ranging from technology to marketing strategy to deep dives on key travel brands. Reports are available online in a responsive design format, or you can also buy each report à la carte at a higher price.