Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
Skift, the best boutique travel media company on the planet, is hiring a Europe-based full-time Research Analyst to join our Research team to help grow our travel market and industry research practice. This role reports to the Research Director.
We are expanding our offering with fresh methodologies, more data, more content, new formats, and custom services. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to get on board with a talented team of researchers, journalists, and content strategists dedicated to defining the future of travel.
Primary Duties Include:
- Owning and writing comprehensive reports on travel companies and broader industry thematic trends spanning select topics relevant to the travel industry.
- Creating relevant roadmaps, outlines, and timelines for reports and custom research requests.
- Bringing creativity and zest in methodologies, presentation, and design of research deliverables.
- Staying on top of what’s happening in the travel industry particularly in all things tech.
- Assist in developing, programming, and analyzing surveys for consumer and industry research.
- Conducting desk research pulling third-party data sources from databases.
- Conducting interviews with travel industry insiders on specific topics.
- Taking part in monthly analyst sessions.
- Speaking on stage presenting and moderating at various Skift events and other industry events.
- Preferably in Berlin or Amsterdam, though other key hubs in Europe will be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in industry research with a focus on corporate strategy, market sizing, financial analysis, competitor analysis, projections and market forecasts.
- Experience working with venture capital/private equity/investment banking or market intelligence or consulting desired.
- Proven ability to build company specific and macro level financial and data models and distill findings into an easy to understand way. Our subscribers include travel industry leaders as well as investors.
- Experience researching companies in the travel, internet, or media sectors would be useful.
- Experience conceptualizing, researching and writing longer-form industry reports.
- Comfortable with creating charts, graphs, figures in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and in-person with individuals and in groups.
- MBA, and business analyst experience desired, but not required.
To apply, please send a cover letter (very important, otherwise we won’t consider you application), and resume to email@example.com and mark the subject line: Research Analyst Europe
NOTE: Skift is an Affirmative Action employer which hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. OUR GOAL FOR OUR TEAM AND CULTURE IS TO REFLECT THE DIVERSITY OF THE GLOBE OF TRAVELERS.