Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
To gain an understanding of the ever-evolving digital landscape, Fusion spoke with 110 European travel executives in its new report, The Digital Journey: Benchmarking the Current State of Digital Travel.
The report looks at ways the travel industry is responding to some of it’s biggest challenges by offering critical insights on e-commerce objectives for travel companies, data analytics to gain valuable insights on customer behavior and purchase performance, increase retention by providing direct customer value as well as evaluate the ancillary approach. More than simply laying out challenges, the report also seeks to benchmark the industry’s response to better impact future decisions.
With the help of 110 senior travel executives across Europe this report brings added insights for travel companies by providing relevant priority indicators for the next 12 months of which Mobile App Marketing (23%) and Customer Acquisition (26%) have made the top of the list.
Competition amongst travel companies is hotter than ever, and in the digital age the most successful companies will be the ones who use a data-driven mindset to build a relationship with their customer that will ensure a return trip. There’s a lot of room for improvement here with over 60% of respondents in the report admitting to a growing need for better solutions.
What readers can expect:
Challenges and Opportunities
- What areas are the biggest focus over the next 12 months?
- The top 7 ecommerce priorities for travel companies
- How are travel companies using data analytics to gain insights into customer behavior, purchases, and channel performance?
- How is data analytics driving direct customer value and retention?
- What are companies doing to create positive booking experiences on mobile devices?
- How much are ancillary product sales typically contributing to travel companies?
- What methods are most commonly used in ancillary product marketing?
- Which optimization capabilities are the primary focus for travel companies in 2016?
This post was brought to you in sponsorship with our partner, Fusion.