Jobs at Skift in 2018
Skift is the largest business intelligence and marketing platform in travel, providing news, information, data, and services to all sectors of the world’s largest industry.
Our big vision: We are defining the future of travel. We are changing how the global travel industry looks at itself, and how it projects itself to the world. Come help us build it!
About Skift + Culture
Skift is an immersive and fun working and learning environment — everything that comes with a fast-growing company. But most of us are family people too, so we actively work to encourage a healthy work-life balance. We are building a humane company company that wants the best out of people in the hours they give to the company, and build a more balanced life outside of it. Flex holiday policy, flex-work hours if needed, market-friendly benefits, competitive salary, and most of all, learning with the smartest business information team on the planet.
Learn more about us here.
Skift Table, Staff Writer
Skift Table, the most exciting restaurant innovations media company on the planet, is seeking a full-time Staff Writer in its New York City headquarters to contribute to our timely coverage of the business of dining out.
Over the past five years the biggest CEOs, CMOs, and senior executives in the travel industry have come to rely on Skift Travel. Now we’re staffing up to do the same for Skift Table.
We are looking for a New York-based reporter to cover the business of restaurants for Skift Table. This reporter will cover breaking news, write profiles, create series, and contribute to trends coverage. Although we expect a high metabolism for this writer, this is not a churn-and-rewrite beat.
We are looking for someone with three to four years experience, preferably at a restaurant trade publication or as a general assignment business reporter (with a restaurant interest on the side). You should have business and/or financial reporting and editing experience. Along with this you should have a good understanding of the macro trends in the consumer and technology markets, and how these behaviors influence and shape our coverage of the business of restaurants.
This new position is a chance for you to work with both the best editorial team in B2B media and at the best boutique media editorial company on the planet. You will work with Skift reporters and editors based in Skift HQ and around the world.
- Contribute regular stories about the business of dining out.
- Research public companies for insight into operations, trends, and growth.
- Interview leaders, operators, and experts in the industry.
- Communicate with team about stories you’re actively working on.
- Contribute to the Skift Table Daily newsletter through original stories and curated posts.
- Support Senior Editor and General Manager on long-term projects.
- Represent Skift Table at local restaurant industry events.
- NECESSARY: 3-4 years experience in business reporting. B2B or business publishing experience preferred, but consumer media experience considered.
- Demonstrated experience of covering breaking news as well as day-to-day industry coverage.
- Experience with email newsletters is a big plus.
- Also a plus: A strong interest in the business of travel and restaurants.
- Experience working with in-house editorial team as well as freelance contributors.
- Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Photoshop, and Google Docs.
- Excellent judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The Staff Writer must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and prioritize.
- Must work in New York City at Skift headquarters.
NOTE: Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your resume.
We have no job openings at the moment. Not to worry, we always love to hear from talented people. If you think you’d be awesome on our team drop us a note at email@example.com with the following subject line: Skift Future Talent and include:
- Brief intro letter
- Two writing samples, and/or other supporting portfolios (where applicable)
- Resume, of course!