Corporate Travel Holds Its Breath Waiting for Trump's Next Travel Ban


Skift Take

The first travel ban resulted in stranded travelers, widespread protests, and court battles. What will round two bring, and will corporate travel executives be better prepared this time?
Weeks after travelers were detained at airports, pulled off planes, or denied boarding altogether in the wake of President Donald Trump's executive order banning travel from seven Muslim-majority countries, employers are trying to make sure they — and their workers — are not caught by surprise when the next version comes along. Enforcement of the Jan. 27 order banning travelers from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen, was halted by a judge after a chaotic start. That suspension was upheld by an appeals court in California earlier this month. Trump has said a new order, likely focusing on the same seven countries, could be issued this week. Immigration attorneys, travel assistance companies, and business travel organizations have been fielding questions, offering seminars and doling out advice as the administration works to refine the ban. "The ability of one's workforce to travel and re-enter may be severely curtailed," said Alejandro Mayorkas, former deputy secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.  "One has to adapt one's business processes, at least in the short term, accordingly." Common questions have included the impact on U.S. travelers in the seven targeted countries; whe