Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends.
This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Corporations try to win back rogue business travelers with awards: Rogue Business Travelers Are Misguided Amex Partner Says
- Staycations remain popular even as the economy improves: Google Data Show US Staycations Rising This Summer
- Retail is the key to revitalizing Britain’s railway stations: Britain’s Railway Stations Evolve Into Upscale Shopping Hubs
- Biking gains popularity as alternative transportation in the U.S.: Bike Lanes in US Cities To Double By 2016
- Chinese tourists will dominate travel spend for the unforeseeable future: Chinese Tourists Were Again Top Spenders in 2013
- Destinations tap Instagram as new marketing platform: Instagram Infuencers Double The Reach of Los Angeles Campaign
- Asia’s tourism boom is felt throughout the region: Pacific Island Sees Visitor Boost And Population Exodus
- Film tourism is still a great bet for encouraging visitor growth: Film Tourism Aims To Boost New Mexico Visitations
Have a confidential tip for Skift? Get in touch
Photo credit: People using bike lanes on Auburn Avenue in Atlanta. People For Bikes