From booking habits of Priceline consumers to how one airline is tracking staff via iBeacon technology, here's what you need to know from the week in digital travel.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends.
This one looks at top digital trends. For all our trend roundups, go here.
- SeaWorld joins theme parks in introducing mobile payments: SeaWorld Now Allows Visitors To Pay For Food/Gifts Via App
- Buses beat airlines in electronic device usage: Electronic Device Usage on Buses Leaves Airlines Way Behind
- Real-life events boost brands’ social following: The 5 French Travel Brands Adding Friends The Fastest On Facebook
- Airlines use technology to streamline operations: Japan Airlines To Track Gate Agents With Smart Watches and iBeacons
- Instagram is one of the most effective social platforms available today: Instagram Influencers Double The Reach of Los Angeles Latest Campaign
- Most Americans search, book travel in the same places: Priceline Survey Reveals Too Much Information About Travel Searches
Have a confidential tip for Skift? Get in touch
Photo credit: SeaWorld now let's customers pay for food and gifts via an app. Magnolia Pictures/MCT