The shorter the vacation, the more difficult it can be deciding what to take. To help us gear up for that last minute weekend getaway, Jason Smith, VP of Product at Trunk Club, an online men’s clothing service says, “No matter if I’m heading to the coast or hitting the slopes I always carry the following items with me. These are core pieces that you should build around, regardless of your final destination.” Below are Jason’s eight must takes on that weekend trip.
- Trunks – Always bring swim trunks. You never know what the pool or hot-tub situation will be, and they can double as shorts.
- Jeans – Clean, high-end jeans (preferably a dark wash) work for almost any occasion, making them the only pants you’ll need all weekend long.
- Vest – Ideal for changes in climate, a light vest can take the nip out of a chilly plane exit row or a late afternoon in southern California.
- Sunglasses - are the most important accessory that a guy can own. Never leave them at home. NEVER!
- Button-Downs – With a few of these lightweight and easy-to-pack workhorses, you’ll look sharp for any situation, whether casual or formal.
- T-Shirts – A high quality, colored v-neck can be dressed up or down, and layers well under a vest or button-down.
- Shoes – Slip-on shoes that hit the style and comfort sweet spot will be the only pair you need to pack — and will make it easy to breeze through airport security.
- Books – Reading books on a tablet is fine, but when flying paperbacks keep the story going from takeoff to landing. A recent favorite: Tell the Wolves I’m Home.
Jason Smith is the VP of Product at Trunk Club. This content is created collaboratively with our sponsor, Trunk Club.