Tour the Future of Travel in NYC Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
TOUR THE FUTURE OF TRAVEL IN NEW YORK CITY
Sponsored by Bon Voyaging, AllTheRooms, HitList, and Skift
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering the TOUR THE FUTURE OF TRAVEL IN NEW YORK CITY SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on August 11th, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 18th, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes End Date”), such period referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Period.” The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Skift, Inc. (“Skift”), Bon Voyaging International, LLC. (“Bon Voyaging”), AllTheRooms, Inc. (“AllTheRooms”), Tripcommon LLC. (“HitList”), (and together the “Sponsors”). The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You are providing your information to the Sponsors, and not to Facebook or Twitter.
1. How to Enter: To enter, you must:
(a) Visit http://skift.com/tour-the-future-of-travel-in-nyc/; and
(b) Enter your name and email address on the entry form; and
(c) Check the box indicating that you are at least 18 years of age and have read, and agree to be bound by, these Official Rules; and
(d) click on “Submit”
Limit one (1) entry per person under the method of entry set forth in Section 1(a)-(c) above. To enter by mail, please print your first name, last name, address, telephone number, date of birth and e-mail address on a three-by-five-inch card. Place the card in an envelope, affix first-class postage, and send it to Skift at the address below. No illegible, incomplete, forged, mechanically produced or altered entries will be accepted. All entries must be in English and must be received by the Sweepstakes End Date. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsors and may not be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsors.
2. Selection of Winner. There will be one (1) winner from the Continental United States (48 contiguous states). Winners will be selected by www.random.org from all entries that adhere to the Official Rules. The choice of winners is final and binding and not subject to review or appeal. The drawing will take place on or about September 18th, 2014 at Skift’s offices at the address listed below. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail on or about September 25th, 2014. To claim the prize, the potential winners must follow the instructions contained in his/her notification, including by taking any winner verification steps required by Sponsors.
In the event a winner does not accept the prize within five (5) days of such notice, a winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be selected. The Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. The winners agree to the use of his/her name, address (by reference only to the state, province, county or region), likeness, and/or prize information by Sponsors for promotional purposes in any medium without additional permission or compensation to the extent permitted by law.
3. Prize: The winner will receive the following prize package:
Reimbursement for 1 Roundtrip ticket to NYC from the nearest major airport to winners home address (or other airport as approved by Sponsors) up to a maximum of $600. 2 nights stay at the Gansevoort Hotel on Park Avenue in New York City. 1 ticket to Skift’s ‘Future of Travel’ Global Forum held on October 9th, 2014 in New York City.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize package: $2,200. Total ARV of all prizes: $2,200. Odds of winning are affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsors by the Sweepstakes End Date. Prizes are not transferable. Components of the prize package may be subject to additional conditions of use, as set forth on e in prize package materials. Allow 1-2 weeks after validation of arrangement for receipt of prize. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Winners will be solely responsible for all other expenses in excess of the prize package. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winners and winners agree to fill out tax forms prior to receiving a prize. In order to receive a prize, winners may be required to provide proof of identification.
4. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to residents in the 48 contiguous US states who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. If you do not meet any of these requirements, or any other eligibility requirements in these Official Rules, you are not eligible to win a prize. Directors, officers, employees or consultants of Sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes or any of its materials, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, including half-and step-family members) and household members of each such person are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. Conditions. The Sponsors, Facebook and Twitter, and their respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim (to the fullest extent permitted by law), all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsors; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Sweepstakes should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event that proper administration of the Sweepstakes is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Sponsors will select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such occurrence. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity.
6. Use of Winner’s Name and Likeness. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, in connection with the Sweepstakes and for any other advertising, marketing, or promotional purpose(s) without further permission or compensation. Winners may be requested to submit a photograph of themselves after the prize fulfillment. Where lawful, the winner may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
7. Miscellaneous. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of New York, U.S.A. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that New York courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes and that venue shall only be in New York, New York. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect.
Skift, Inc. 115 W 30th St, #1213, New York, NY 10001
Bon Voyaging, 120 Boerum Place, Brooklyn, NY 11201
AllTheRooms, 425 W 53rd St., #408, New York, NY 10019
TripCommon LLC (“HitList”), 335 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10017
9. Winners List. For the name of the winners, please visit http://www.facebook.com/skiftnews
10. Notice: The Sponsors reserve the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Sweepstakes in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.