The 2018 Digital Transformation Report
Digital is transforming the travel industry. With worldwide digital travel sales set to reach more than $600 billion, and with mobile purchases expected to soon make up close to half of all transactions in some markets, consumer habits are forcing a rapid rise in expectations for digital-focused commerce. Meanwhile, behind the scenes, most travel businesses are moving rapidly to adapt, integrate, or deploy digital systems and processes that control nearly every aspect of their business operations, from marketing to customer service to distribution.
Given the scale and speed of these changes to the industry landscape, what steps should today’s travel organizations be taking to prepare themselves for this new digital reality? And how far along are they in process of integrating the myriad of available digital tools into their strategy?
In response to these questions and the ever-evolving digital landscape, Skift and Adobe are releasing the 2018 Digital Transformation Report. This annual Skift Research initiative, based on the results of an industry-wide survey polling nearly 200 executives from across the travel industry, attempts to understand how today’s travel marketers are evolving their digital infrastructure, both for customers and internal operations. It also assesses the key challenges facing today’s travel industry as organizations seek to adapt for today’s digital-focused customers, environment and business processes.
In this report:
- What changes in consumer habits and the business environment are encouraging travel businesses to adapt their digital strategies?
- How are the digital habits of today’s empowered travel consumers evolving?
- How can travel businesses optimize their customer experience best meet the needs of today’s increasingly complex digital purchase cycle?
- What steps should travel executives take to ensure they use digital tools to effectively personalize their interactions with travelers?
- Why are automation tools gaining in importance as digital processes get more complex?
- How prepared are today’s travel organizations with funding and digitally-savvy talent?