Here are the government’s rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance for February. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
- Alaska Airlines, 85.1 percent
- Hawaiian Airlines, 82.2 percent
- Delta Air Lines, 78.0 percent
- Southwest Airlines, 77.5 percent
- Virgin America, 76.1 percent
- SkyWest, 74.0 percent
- United Airlines, 73.6 percent
- American Airlines, 73.4 percent
- US Airways, 72.7 percent
- ExpressJet, 69.7 percent
- Spirit Airlines, 64.9 percent
- JetBlue Airways, 59.8 percent
- Frontier Airlines, 58.8 percent
- Envoy Air, 53.3 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 72.8 percent
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The department also reported American and US Airways together as 73.1 percent. Both airlines and Envoy Air are owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
Copyright (2015) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
This article was written by The Associated Press from The Associated Press and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.