It is no surprise that most of the locations are tourist destinations, with the exception of two sites in Russia.
Instagram is becoming more international and more eclectic, at least when you compare this year’s most shared places with those of 2013.
In comparison to 2013, when the only two sites in the top ten outside of the U.S. were in Thailand, this year the list of international destinations has grown to five. Siam Paragon shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand reappeared, but Suvarnabhumi Airport didn’t. Moscow, Paris, and Dubai malls, parks, and museums joined Los Angeles and New York’s stadiums.
Disneyland and Times Square retained their spots and newcomer Musée du Louvre made for a quite cultured collection of places.
The top ten most Instagrammed places of 2014 are below, and shown in the slideshow above:
Top 10 Geotagged Locations of 2014 on Instagram
- Disneyland, Anaheim, California
- Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, California
- Times Square, New York, New York
- Siam Paragon (สยามพารากอน) shopping mall, Bangkok, Thailand
- ЦПКиО им. Горького / Gorky Park, Moscow, Russia
- Musée du Louvre, Paris, France
- Красная площадь / Red Square, Moscow, Russia
- Madison Square Garden, New York, New York
- Yankee Stadium, New York, New York
- The Dubai Mall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Photo credit: Gorky Park in Moscow, Russia. moskau1983 / Instagram