The global tours and activities is perhaps one of the last bastions left in the travel industry that hasn’t been completely disintermediated by the online travels disruptors.
But the changes are coming, converging from across all sectors of the travel industry and beyond, mostly centered around the changing habits of travelers as a result of online, mobile, globalization and indeed newer generations growing up digital.
Earlier this week our CEO Rafat Ali gave an extensive talk at the National Tour Association’s annual Contact conference in Portland, OR, on the global travel megatrends affecting the tours and activities market in 2014, and how that will manifest over the company years.
The 10 trends outlined in the report:
- Rise of the Silent Traveler
- Hospitality: Rise of Local & Alternative
- Curation In Travel: Less is More
- Visuals Are New Language of Marketing in Travel
- Sharing Economy Is Legit, And Eating Your Share
- Moving Tourists Beyond Hubs: Reinventing Tired Brands
- Mobile Is Moving In-Market In Travel
- Rise of Mindfulness in Travel
- The TED-ifcation of Travel Experiences
- As Goes Iceland, So Goes The World
Download the full presentation and the 10 trends we think that tour operators worldwide need to understand and respond to, to survive and thrive in this new reality.