Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- The innovators and influencers in online travel: Travel’s Top Online Movers and Shakers
- OTA bookings grow faster than direct hotel bookings: Online Travel Agency Hotel Bookings Grew Faster Than Hotels’ Own Websites in Q1
- Travel brands invest in real-time ambient marketing: Best Travel Ads This Week: Real-Life Experiences That Pop Online
- Mobile functionality not meeting users’ expectations: British Travelers Prefer Online Booking But Face Challenges
- Google Glass now investing in travel market: Google Glass Rolls Out Apps for TripIt, Foursquare and OpenTable
- Pinterest goes after travel companies’ marketing dollars: Pinterest Launches Promoted Pins, With Disney Parks, Expedia & Others