First Free Story (1 of 3)Join Skift Pro
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top hospitality trends. For all of our trends roundups,go here.
- OTA bookings outpace direct online bookings: Online Travel Agency Hotel Bookings Grew Faster Than Hotels’ Own Websites in Q1
- Hotel brands introduce social initiatives to gain followers: Marriott Rewards Launches Social Media Points Plan
- Hotel groups customize properties to meet guests’ need in Middle East, Asia: Accor Rolls Out a New Custom Brand for the Middle East Market
- Last-minute booking makes it way into the P2P lodging market: Airbnb Adds Last-Minute Booking in San Francisco and Los Angeles
- Blackstone continues building hotel property portfolio: Blackstone Buys the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas for $1.7 Billion